• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Texas Makes the Ultimate Adventure Series

balloo93

NAXJA Forum User
I don't normally pick up Peterson's 4wd and offroad, but they had something about Tx on the cover so figured what the hay.

There's a story about hitting the parks in Tx. They hit Sams offroad, Gilmer, Trees, Katemcy, and I think another one. Decent article.

Yeah I can't believe they actually went to barnwell.

I got the Dec. issue and there was a DVD of the UA I think last year. It's a pretty good one, made me cringe.

Yeah, the DVD was another reason to get it. I think that UA was from 04 or 05.

Pretty cool, even though they were WAY heavily modified for the most part. I guess having BFG, WARN, PSC, ect...... as sponsers helps :rolleyes:

balloo93 said:
Yeah, the DVD was another reason to get it. I think that UA was from 04 or 05.

Pretty cool, even though they were WAY heavily modified for the most part. I guess having BFG, WARN, PSC, ect...... as sponsers helps :rolleyes:

That white exo-caged XJ they had running with them in '04 was originally built on a 5000 dollar budget for Moab. I think he put D60's on it for that UA, but its not much more modified that a lot of the rigs here. Most of the other rigs you are right about...lots of money there...

MetViper said:
That white exo-caged XJ they had running with them in '04 was originally built on a 5000 dollar budget for Moab. I think he put D60's on it for that UA, but its not much more modified that a lot of the rigs here. Most of the other rigs you are right about...lots of money there...

I was referring more to the current run in the mag. They have that JK body modded to a truck frame and run a desiel. Yeah, the older video had some decent built rigs that could be made by most guys without breaking the bank.

Back