• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ford 8.8" info needed

XJ 90

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2001 ford 8.8" in my '90 XJ and have destroyed the clutch paks. If someone can tell me the diffefence between the old Carrier and the new carrier. Also the clutch pac that was in there only had 2 cluth discs per side. I have read that i can put in 3 clutch disc and steels per side. If anyone can enlighten me on this it would be greatly appreciated. Also I bought a carrier from a '92 F150 for the side and spider gears but the cluthes do not fit, the tab on the clutches is too big to fit inside the newer carrier. Is that the only difference between the older and new limited slip diff's?

Thank you in advance.

I have all the guts from a 98 explorer limited slip leftover because I used a no-slip. Let me know if you could use any of it.

KarlVP said:
Why not just swap out the whole carrier?

Because then I'd have 2 do the setup thing. This way all I have 2 do is reinstall the guts and I'm good 2 go. Besides the clutches need replacing in the carrier that I bought.

Back