• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No Clutch When Cold??

Bonebag

NAXJA Forum User
Ok..I'm a noob..second time noob due to the info blackout so here goes. My Clutch works fine from May through September..as soon as the weather drops..so does my clutch..when it's below 40 it barely dis-engages at all and the fluid is going somewhere. Is this a MC or possibly something else..if you know what's up I'd appreciate it..and any direction on the fix...thanks:smsoap:

I'd start by changing out the master (not sure if the MC/SC combo started 94-96 or 93). They tend to go at around 150K. Also Check the hyraulic line from the Master Cy. to the Slave/bellhousing, they can dry and lose fluid under pressure.

IIRC, 1993 still has the internal slave/throwout bearing, so I'd be hesitant to replace only the master. If you do, chances are you'll be replacing the slave too, which menas dropping the tranny to get in there. I suppose you've checked the hydraulic line and bleed nipple. How many miles on the clutch?

so you are losing fluid or is it bleeding off? if your losing fluid you need to check to see if its dripping out of the bellhousing, if it is then you need a new slave cylinder, if there is fluid on inside of the car where the master cylinder rod comes through then you need a new master cylinder, but if it just bleeds off, then you should try pumping up your clutch to get a feel just you can drive it. but if it does bleed off then you will probably need to replace both the master and the slave. it sucks major @$$ but its doable

Back