• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sequential tire sizes

I ran 275/65R15's on mine with NO lift. The tire was quite a bit wider, but nearly the same height as the stock ones. As it stands my 97 has a 2.5-3" lift and I clear 31x10.5 with very minimal rubbing.

I found http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html to be helpful in deciding tire sizes on my projects around the garage.

Rule of thumb is usually 2-3" lift 30x10.5 safe, 3" lift plus can do 31x10.5 (correct me if wrong) and so forth. With a 1.5 lift I would not go any more than a 30x9.5 type size tire without problems rubbing.

Hope that helps some.

Last edited:
I'm in the process of doing a 1.5 inch lift. Personally I wouldn't go bigger than 235's with that amount of lift because I think I'd lose wheel travel going larger.

My daily driver is running 30x9.5s with no lift and sagging leaves and almost no rub. They are BFG ATs on '02 TJ wheels. They stuff pretty good, too.

I'm running stock suspension, 3.73s and 30x9.5s
Lacks guts in overdrive, especially at altitude, but it stuffs well and at 80 MPH the motor turns 2650 or so.
At sea level, you could pull 30s with stock gears probably not a big deal. At altitude in Utah... it sucks.

Back