• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf spring woes

beatassXJ

NAXJA Forum User
2 weeks ago i installed a rusty's 3inch aal on my 96 xj sport...and this week my smallest leaf on both sides snapped in half ....it sucks. one on the highway at 75mph, and one on the trail in a foot and a half of mud. What i want to do is order a set of Quadratec xj "HD" leaf packs and add my AAL to them.On a different forum a guy told me to add 2 3"AALs to each new quadratec leaf pack. Is this Nessesary????? i am a full time student with no current job so $$$ is kinda tight. Any help?? ---thanks

P.S. i am very capable of crawling through a junkyard but the nearest one with anything thats not a honda is like an hour away...so id like to not Junkcrawl if at all possible

My XJ was sagging. I put in a Rusty's 2" AAL at the time. When I was taking the packs apart to accomodate the 2" AAL both of my smallest and lowest springs in the packs were cracked. I simply tossed those and the rear was slightly above stock with the 2" AAL.

I've since put a Rusty's 3" HD kit on with full leaf packs.

But yea those bottom leafs like to crack in the OEM packs......I mean it was like 12 years, yadda yadda.

an AAL is generally thicker and arched greater than the rest of the leafs in your leaf pack. thats how it works, and generally, its going to put added stress on the rest of your pack. A HD pack won't make much difference...you're better off just scrapping the AAL idea and getting a full leaf pack....

Back