• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Correct Control Arm Lengths

JB Flex

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, 99 XJ with 4.5 RC lift, adj front control arms both upper and lower. Also added 2" spaces on top of the coils so I need to know the correct control arm length for both the upper and the lowers. I have them at 15 3/4" right now, and they look pretty good. I was also wondering if I should just make the axle "centered" in the wheelwell? And if so, how and where should I measure from? Thanks for all the help on this.

With that much lift, you need long arms, or some drop brackets and braces...I was at your hieght with short arms for a month, while I waited for some time to put my sky jacker subframe on.....(has longer lower arms, and drop brackets all incorperated) it rides alot better.

Justin

I'm at 5.5 inches and adj CAs. While the ride could be improved I don't have any problems on or off road.

Your measurements are upper 15", lower 16.5"

5" lift would be upper 15.25" and lower 16.6"

As far as centering, you can drop a line from the frame rail and measure from there, or if you have a good eye, just eyeball it.

Hope that helps?

I am wrong, I have the upper control arm at 15 3/4 and the lower at 16 3/4. And if I drop a line from the frame, from where should I drop it? the center of the coil bucket? Thanks for the help

I just installed a RC 6.5" lift a few months back and IIRC their instructions state to adjust uppers to 15 1/2" and the lowers at 16 1/2". You can contact GRIMUS99XJ on here and he can give you the correct lengths for a RC kit since he is their rep.

I looked it up on the Rough Country website and downloaded the instruction sheets and it says to measure them from the center of each eye and the measurements are 15.5" for the uppers and 16.5" for the lowers. Hope this helps ya.

try running short arms with 6.5" lift, IT SUCKS!!!!!! Long arms are in the shop waiting time to install.
Go long or go lower, dont torture yourself any longer!!!!

Lata

Back