• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axle U-Joint Replacement

NCjeepin

NAXJA Forum User
The mechanic told me after replacing the xfer case in my XJ that the front axle ujoints are shot, as in missing needle brgs, etc... This jeep will be wheeled when i get it done.. is there any type of upgraded u-joint for the D-30 that i could go with other then the stock ones?

NCJeepN said:
The mechanic told me after replacing the xfer case in my XJ that the front axle ujoints are shot, as in missing needle brgs, etc... This jeep will be wheeled when i get it done.. is there any type of upgraded u-joint for the D-30 that i could go with other then the stock ones?

Year?

Can this be done without opening the front diff housing? Seals aren't leaking, got a 97 that I'm elbow deep in, trying to prevent "scope creep" any more than has already happened.

Thanks,

Mark

Discovered a trick in the garage tonight. To remove the axle nut, do it before the brake disc has been removed. Put a screwdriver in the vent slots of the disc and turn it till it stops against the caliper ears on the knuckle. Then slip the piece of pipe on the 24" breaker, put the 36mm socket on the nut and turn. Piece of cake!!

Mark

Back