• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Frame Beef-TNT or Detours.

RyanM

NAXJA Forum User
Getting ready to add stiffeners, weld on the rock rails etc. Need some opinions on which kit I should use. Don't tell me to use angle iron. I'd rather support a sponsor anyway ;)

Do either of the two, already have the 2 stock Xmember holes predrilled? Im gonna weld nuts on the inside of the stiffener, and chop the bottom of the unibody for them to set. Along with this my CRusty's LA Xmember will be getting a facelift, more mounting holes using same method.

Thoughts, Opinions, Pics.

Thanks
ryan

I just placed my order for TnT's today, back ordered til next week, poo.

I looked at the detours but just liked the response from the TnT's better. That and they actually let me use my own UPS acount and just pay handleing.

Wait.. does TnT support NAXJA? I forgot to ask.. dangit...I'm such a newb

Last edited:
Prepmech said:
Detours isn't a sponsor, go with TnT.
Really? I could have sworn I saw their banner recently. I like how theres has the leaf spring bolt tie-in, in respect it could easily be added to the TNT.

Do they give a discount, if so, how much? I may need to call back in tommorow

I like the TnT units, deliciously beefy. Drill ya some 3/4" holes in them to plug weld will make them work even better.

XJEEPER said:
I like the TnT units, deliciously beefy. Drill ya some 3/4" holes in them to plug weld will make them work even better.

x2

DSC04884.JPG

I was going to get a set, but I was told by fab shop that they are best for sand dune, that the body of the xj is designed to flex. That he had done 2 jeeps and both developed a crack in trans tunel. One had a crack 14" starting at hole for shifter going back.

mikeNtucson said:
I was going to get a set, but I was told by fab shop that they are best for sand dune, that the body of the xj is designed to flex. That he had done 2 jeeps and both developed a crack in trans tunel. One had a crack 14" starting at hole for shifter going back.

So he told you the floor had a hole in it because it flexed less after these were put on? I find that rather hard to swallow.

C85D4x4 said:
Look closer to the pic on the front page

it b/c the frames edge comes out some
I understand that the vertical edge butts up against the vertical side of the forward leaf-spring mount and the lower part goes underneath the leaf-spring mount. I just don't get why they left such a large cutout there.
EDIT: Okay, I guess I missed the second line of your post. Still, considering the complexity of the bends involved in what they've already done, I guess I'd expect the piece to extend all the way. You're right, though. I do see why now.

Anybody know if they give a NAXJA discount? If so I need to call em back.

Back