• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ax 15 conversion

masterofthepuppets

NAXJA Forum User
hi, my master999 acount somehow was deleted and i have no idea what happened but anyway my 1991 ax 15 is being converted to external right now and i have the bellhousing, shift fork, and am buying the throwout, master and slave cylinder combo, but where can i get a front bearing retainer? chrysler parts direct has the master/slave/combo for ~140$ but my local dealer has it for 225$ will they price match it?
thanks

masterofthepuppets said:
hi, my master999 acount somehow was deleted and i have no idea what happened but anyway my 1991 ax 15 is being converted to external right now and i have the bellhousing, shift fork, and am buying the throwout, master and slave cylinder combo, but where can i get a front bearing retainer? chrysler parts direct has the master/slave/combo for ~140$ but my local dealer has it for 225$ will they price match it?
thanks

Dealer? Price match? I haven't laughed so hard in the last month of Sundays...

As far as the bearing retainer, I've found them online - but they were spendy (I'm wanting to think $180 or so.) A little digging around should turn it up - I didn't save the bookmarks, so I can't help you more...

masterofthepuppets said:
the reason i asked if they would price match is because i thought that allchryslerparts.com might be affiliated with them and nevermind

Sorry - I didn't mean it to come across as belittling! Just bear in mind a critical difference between mail-order houses and brick and mortar stores - the cost of real estate. Mailorder houses are usually located where warehouse space is cheaper, and they factor in the cost of shipping when they set their prices (or in their business model from the off.)

Brick and mortar stores have to pay whatever the local rates are (in some cases, business leases constitute robbery with violence) and it's far easier for them to lose money.

I get jobber at my local dealer and my local parts house (yes, I've been dealing with them that long.) Even then, "jobber" above CA real estate is still usually more than mail-order - sometimes, significantly so.

They know this - so they don't have any trouble with my mail-ordering parts when I can plan ahead, and going to them when I'm in a rush. It comes down to how much time can you afford vice how much money you can afford...

Back