• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1996 Cherokee Classic (interior component)? indentify

maybe2fast

NAXJA Forum User
I can take pictures, but it is right behind the windshield on the headliner. This component I cannot identify is a black sphere (looks like a light sensor) It is held up by two screws and when I pulled it down there was a circuit boards in the headliner, but I have no idea what this thing does...

Location again is above rear view mirror in the headliner. All that hangs out of the gray plastic bezel is a black circle that is connected to a circuit board...what the hell is this thing

thanks for the help

:roflmao:

keyless entry...hmmm thats what I thought it might be. So all I need now is a remote (didn't get one when I bought it) and how to program a new one in!

talk to the dealer, its a factory setup so they should be able to get you new keyfobs and program them for you.

If you can find a remote here......that would be great!! I had to turn to ebay to find a remote for my son's 96 Cherokee. You have to watch them, cause they can get expensive. There are threads on this board, that will ID the part number of the one you need. They are simple to program.

If you go to a dealer, bring your own vasoline..........:)

there expensive i got one for christmas one year IIRC you have to send the barcode on the inside to some company then they send you a keyless entry remote back to you ready to go i think my dad got it for me for like 80.

Back