• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Questions regarding RE6025

pb250r

NAXJA Forum User
I'm think about getting the Rubicon Express XJ 3.5" Super Ride Kit. I was wondering what shocks I should get. They offer OME and Rubicon express twin tubes and mono tubes. Is there a big diffence in these shocks?

On a secind note... Should I go ahead and order a 3/4 spacer to level the front if I use this kit. It's a stock rig with no aftermarket bumpers or winch. Any help would eb appreciated. Thanks...

I run the 3.5 inch superflex with the OME's and a 3/4 inch spacer. I have a 1/4 inch steel bumper tho and i'm pretty even. THe OME's giv e a real nice ride as opposed to the others.

check out www.jeepinoutfitters.com

they have good deals on RE kits with shocks and shipping...

I was looking at it for the offroadtoystore.com. I was also going to get the RE adjustable trac bar. I think they were about the cheapest around for everything.

You can't go wrong with an RE kit.

Check out the NAXJA sponsors for great deals. Especially Dirk at DPG Offroad.

As for the spacer, you can add another factory rubber spacer/isolator (about 1/2" thick) for less $$$. That's what I did for my first lift. I had the RE Super flex 3.5" kit as well. It was a great start, but I have paid much more for getting to the lift I originally wanted - RE 4.5" with shackles and spacers to net about 6" total.

As for shocks, I ran the RE mono-tubes with my first kit and they were great. I run OME on my wife's TJ and they ride nice and flex well. On my XJ, I am running Bilstein 5150's and they are the best (for me)!

I would recommend upgrading to JKS quicker disconnects and be sure to get extended brakelines.

Good luck!

I just put my RE6025 kit on this weekend. so far.....so great. i enjoyed the drive down the road. although, i will be ordering the track bar this week. the axle is shifted about 3/8 to 1/2 inch to the driver side.

as far as shocks go, i have run the twin tube RE the last two lifts and they serve well for me. i don't take my XJ to hard off road, so for what I need I am happy. I am sure that if i took it serious off road I would have up graded to a better shock

they seem to be fine for what i like. i am sure the OME are real nice, but if i never have them, how am i to compare the two? when i had my RE 2" BB, the twin tubes did what they needed to do. when i was off road they seemed to soak up the bumps and all fairly well. on road was a smooth ride. it wasn't to harsh, but yet had a good truck feel. they just worked for me, price wasn't an issue when i got the new ones for my 3.5 lift.......but i kept the same types in there

Back