• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tie rod end specs

rob92xj

NAXJA Forum User
My XJ seems to be spitting out tie rods for my track bar so I was thinking of replacing the rod end with a heim as I think the problem is not enough range of motion for the tie rod. Has anyone done this before?
The part number for the tie rod is Moog# ES3095R I cannot find the specs on there site.

Not trying to beat up on the new guy, but two things. First, some info about what kind of track bar, how much lift, what other suspension mods do you have, etc. would help us point you in the right direction.

Second. SEARCH! Try "heavy duty track bar" in this forum. Then spend some time learning more about your XJ. You will then be better able to make a decision about what is right for your Jeep.

I was going to nominate him, but I'm too lazy to start a new thread.

sgtmack said:
Not trying to beat up on the new guy, but two things. First, some info about what kind of track bar, how much lift, what other suspension mods do you have, etc. would help us point you in the right direction.

Second. SEARCH! Try "heavy duty track bar" in this forum. Then spend some time learning more about your XJ. You will then be better able to make a decision about what is right for your Jeep.

The track bar is a Rustys trac bar(not the HD), 6" of lift.

For whatever reason the search was bringing up nothing that is useful to me.
I'm not really a new guy, just new to this forum and I don't know why I show only having 2 posts there have been more then that.

sgtmack said:

I'm vouching for this man... he is a Chrysler mech and a hell of a wheeler.. and 40 demons shall be laid upon you for nominating such a fine gentleman..

Rob, I'd think it'd be hard to replace the TRE with hiem just becuase of the thread count. Most Hiems sem to be course and a totally differnt count. Might be easier to cut out the bung on the end of the rusty's bar and weld a new bung in there with the new thread count. Look on jeeperz at the kit I found, that website has them for half of what you'd buy elsewhere.

rob92xj said:
My XJ seems to be spitting out tie rods for my track bar so I was thinking of replacing the rod end with a heim as I think the problem is not enough range of motion for the tie rod. Has anyone done this before?
The part number for the tie rod is Moog# ES3095R I cannot find the specs on there site.
Your best bet is to ditch that track bar and go with a heavy duty unit. You'll find that that is a very common failure with that particular track bar. Not only do they brake at the TRE, they'll break in the middle of the bar too!
100_3017.jpg

When I upgraded mine, I went with the TNT setup and have been very happy with it.

100_3192.jpg

Hale

Thanks for the kind words Zac, the kit you posted a link to there are no specs as to the strenght of them.

Hale I was planning on getting a new HD bar when I order my T&T Customs long arm kit, so right now I was looking for a cheaper fix till next year when I go long arm.

I sent evolution machine a email last night to see if they may have one that will work, as far as cutting the bung off and welding a new one on I don't trust my welder with that, I could always have it welded by a buddy of mine.

Back