• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

where to find cherokee axles

Are you asking for a set of axles with 4.56 gears already in them? Why don't you just regear your current axles?

they came with 4.56's. I saw 2 a couple weeks ago when i popped the cover off!

steelmen said:
im pretty sure they came with 4:10 not 4:56

Wrongo bucko.

100_1920.jpg

Most were 4.10's though.

Prepmech said:
I've got a 30 sitting in my garage right now with stock 4.56 gears.

I thought you sold it?

So are you looking for a 30?

cherokeedriver420 said:
i need a set of axles w/4.56 gears for my beast where can i get a set for as cheap as possibble. i want to run 33's but need different gears I dont do major offroading but like to play

So what's wrong with the Dana 30 if you don't do major off-roading?

You're not making any sense. If you don't do any major offroading, there's no need for D44s or 4.56's. FInding stock 4.56 gears will be very tough and time consuming. Why don't you just regear your existing axles? Most people who wheel their XJs go this route.

What exactly are you looking to accomplish? Worst case just wheel it with stock gears; not ideal, but also not that terrible.

-----Matt-----

i found a dana 30 hp with 4:56 they are out there but rare...i used car-part and found one semi local

The 2.5 only came with a D35 in the rear though right? I'd doubt they'd throw in a 8.25 or a D44 in one... but who knows.

Tenny said:
The 2.5 only came with a D35 in the rear though right? I'd doubt they'd throw in a 8.25 or a D44 in one... but who knows.

I've seen them with the 8.25

Tenny said:
Hmm so some had the 8.25 w/ 4.56 or 4.10's, or some of each.

All were 2.5's though.

Back