• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long Arm Length

thobson

NAXJA Forum User
Ok noob question here I'm Sorry in advanced. I added Acos spacers a few weeks ago and at the time did not think that I would need to change the length of my long arms (RK) but I have come to realize after everything has somewhat settled back down that I will need to. So how do I figure out exactly how long to make my upper and lower long arms? I can get exact lift heights tomorrow but off the top of my head I recall it settling at around 9-9.5" any one know exactly how to figure out the length?

...9-9.5¨....
brace yourself for the onslaught of people telling you to lower it a little bit for your own (and everyone else in colorado)s safety

Try to set up the long arms so that your wheelbase is close to factory at ride height. I don't remember what the factory wheelbase is anymore (101.9"? something like that). To find out the factory wheelbase, do some searching on this forum. I personally don't think it is all that critical unless your tires don't look centered in the wheel well.

And 9" is too much lift, unless your running full widths and 38's
!!!1

Yeah I've been used to hearing people tell me to lower it I'm over that I know it's benefits as well as pitfalls of having the height I do. But thank's I will search for stock wheel base length, and then what can I just measure center hub to center hub? Or do I need to take into acount if my rear axle has shifted at all from leafs?

thobson said:
Yeah I've been used to hearing people tell me to lower it I'm over that I know it's benefits as well as pitfalls of having the height I do. But thank's I will search for stock wheel base length, and then what can I just measure center hub to center hub? Or do I need to take into acount if my rear axle has shifted at all from leafs?

Yes, just measure from center of front hub to center of rear hub, each side.

Back