• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lumbar in support in 97+ XJs?

Ben824

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I am currently in college and the 3 1/2 hour drive I have to make whenever I want to go home is killing my back between the rough ride from the BFG Mud-terrain tires and the 3.5" RE lift which rides good for a lift kit but its still rough. I was wondering if they ever put a Lumbar support (back support) in the factory seats in a 97+ cherokee? If not does anyone know of a good Lumbar support kit I could install in my seats?

Here is an idea for cheap and effective lumbar support....take and old bath towel and roll it as tight as possible and use medical tape to "tie" it so it won't come undone. It seems to work pretty well for me. And being in college (not sure if moneys a factor or not) cheap and easy are the best way to go....

Ben824 said:
Ok so I am currently in college and the 3 1/2 hour drive I have to make whenever I want to go home is killing my back between the rough ride from the BFG Mud-terrain tires and the 3.5" RE lift which rides good for a lift kit but its still rough. I was wondering if they ever put a Lumbar support (back support) in the factory seats in a 97+ cherokee? If not does anyone know of a good Lumbar support kit I could install in my seats?
I believe some WJ seats had lumbar support. You might try to dig up a set of those from the junkyard since they will bolt right up to your bases. All you'd have to do is figure out how to wire power up so it'd move in and out.

Being one who suffers from lower back pain on long trips (One too many parachute jumps and one too many trips over the handlebars of my BMW).........

Either buy, or ask the EMT staff at your school, for a blood pressure measuring cuff. You can use it alone as is, or modify it to fit inside the seat, or between the seat and an aftermarket seat cover. It works great. The BP cuff comes with a pump attached, as you know, and so no need for anything else.

The towel trick is ok, but the BP cuff is the real trick!

Aniyunwiya said:
Being one who suffers from lower back pain on long trips (One too many parachute jumps and one too many trips over the handlebars of my BMW).........

Either buy, or ask the EMT staff at your school, for a blood pressure measuring cuff. You can use it alone as is, or modify it to fit inside the seat, or between the seat and an aftermarket seat cover. It works great. The BP cuff comes with a pump attached, as you know, and so no need for anything else.

The towel trick is ok, but the BP cuff is the real trick!

I never even thought about the BP cuff....I will have to see if I can get ahold of one of them somehow. Thanks for helping me out as well!

XJCruiser said:
I never even thought about the BP cuff....I will have to see if I can get ahold of one of them somehow. Thanks for helping me out as well!
If you got ambitious maybe you could even put the cuff in the seat cover...and then string the pump out the bottom-side area.

XJCruiser said:

Roger that.
:cheers:

Back