• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is this?

88xjchief

NAXJA Forum User
HPIM0281.jpg

There are 4 on each spring. Can this hurt the spring?

Other than putting stress points in the springs where there shouldn't be any? If and when the springs bottom out you run a chance of breaking the spring or those spacers.

they are coil spacers. I use a device kinda like that on an old Datsun I had back in the 80's. Get them out of there and replace the coils.

theyare coil spring spacers... the really cheap kind. they put stress on the spring so it wont compress. other than a really crappy ride and from the looks of it rusting to the springs i havent heard of them doing any direct damage, but i would take them out as soon as i could get new coils. from the looks of it they have rusted to the coil and may cause a weak spot if you remove them and drive without them.

Wow.

1. Some kind of micky mouse idea for some lift. If that's yours, as AZRockRunner said get those out of there and get new coils.

2. Makes me very, very, very happy that I live where they don't put salt on the roads.

Or just donate it to me, I promise to take better care of it than the PO did.
MOOOHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

Remove them, buy some new coils and get some bumpstops(yours are missing).

88xjchief said:
I didnt even realize I was missing bump stops.

I was surpised the 9 other people who replied didn't notice either...

definately toss those springs and get some replacements. I'd be scared to drive that every day.

Bump Stops are for wimps!!!!!

Ha! Sadly looks like less rust than my 99. Never seen any coil spring blocks like that. Ive seen the pepboys hard rubber ones, the kind you slip in between coils and twist to reduce sagging. Same idea i guess. New coils bumpstops shocks and PB BLASTER!

AZRockRunner said:
Bump Stops are for wimps!!!!!

Well I'd bet your rig has bumpstops, so are you trying to tell us something???

Back