• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TJ flares...now with pics

Beast XJ01

NAXJA Forum User
there was a TJ flare thread that I was gonna post pics to, but it appears to have been lost in the recent crash..... so I don't remember who was asking for them, but here's some pics. vehicle details in the signature.

normal_tjflare1.JPG

Normal side shot

normal_tjflare2.JPG

Distance shot

normal_tjflare3.JPG

the other sde

normal_tjflare4.JPG

close up, angled. Yes, the side marker lights work.

normal_tjflare5.JPG

Up underneath, kept the original wheelwell liner. filled the gaps with spray foam and then painted over it.

normal_tjflare6.JPG

from the top. sealed up the edge with RTV silicone

normal_tjflare7.JPG

molded around the side molding, has a gap below it tho'

normal_tjflare8.JPG

another view fom the top, nice sealed joint

normal_tjflare9.JPG

view from the front

larger, and I mean very large, are available at my gallery if you want a closer look.

http://january6th2000.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=22

it's a work in progress...both the Jeep and the website.

Beast

Looks pretty nice. I did the same mod only I didn't have the rear flares. Still waiting to put some rears on. I tapped the side marker light into the running lights up front.

I have not done the rears yet, they are stock... looking at how I want to do it since I don't need to take much out in the trim, and I don't weld... so still trying to figure out how much to take off and then closing up the cuts.

Beast

Hey does doing the spary in foam, over time help the start of rust where it is all sealed off between the fender??? I personally don't want to do something like that, but if anyone knows if its safe over time and in the minnesota climate???:attom:

Back