• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

87' calipers to a 94' D30Axle

Harlee&Tahoe

NAXJA Forum User
Will it work?
From what I've read the answer seems to be, NO.But I'm hoping for a different answer!
I want to make the swap as simple as possible and not buy new calipers.
Any more braking power from 94' calipers?
How can I tell which u-joints I now have?
The 94' yokes are square instead of bell shaped like the 87'

Thanks,
Harlee

why dont you want to switch calipers?? you can get them from napa for 18.99 each. #242-1012 and #242-1013

just bring your old ones in as cores and you're all set.

i work at napa, i looked them up for your 94 axle.

hope this helps
-mike

NICE thanks Mike I was just trying to use all things I already have. However I like the local NAPA and have friends that work there.

Anybody have any info on the shafts? are these 760's? Any easy way to tell? I don't have a micrometer to measure or else I'd do that

no prob man, just remember when getting brake parts from now on you need pads and rotors for a 94! ;)

nope it just wont, the answer is still no it wont fit. got to a junkyard and snag some mine was like 26 so its not expensive

Last edited:
95meangreen said:
nope it just wont, the answer is still no it wont fit. got to a junkyard and snag some mine was like 26 so its not expensive
Yeah I'm going to just get new ones from NAPA for $20 ea why not.

I think I found my answer about u-joints can anybody confirm,
260's=1 1/16 cap dia.
297's=1 3/16 cap dia.
760's=1 3/16 same as 297's
If we're only talking about 1/8 of a difference I think I can handle measuring that(I hope)

Back