• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Output Shaft on 231/Elbe

mud1059

NAXJA Forum User
I broke my 231 J output shaft at the speedo cuts. I was curious if anyone was running an SYE on the 96-01 cases and didn't need their shaft. (I'm obviously willing to pay) I have another case with an SYE but don't see spending $300+ on a driveshaft in the near future. Perhaps someone has an unnecessary one of those : ) Either will do me. I just want this POS runnin again.

Busy Wild up at Elbe was a TOUGH trail this weekend. I'd have pictures but I was always the one stuck. ;( 33 baja claws, welded rear and open front. There's some pretty deep mud up there still. There were a few guys with 36" Iroks stuck pretty bad too. Just a warning.

I have the 231 output out of a early 231 but not out of the late one. Don't see how it would help unless you changed the tranny:) but I thought I would offer it.

What rear axle do you have?
You could use a spare front shaft for the rear instead of a new shaft? This way you could put in the SYE you have?

Michael

It's a long story, I started with a 87 to wheel on, broke tranny and found a '96 for the AX-15. Then decided to wheel the '96. Swapped in the Dana 44 from the 87 to the 96. I want to use the 87 as a parts rig but that's dumb because nothing can be used. However, I also have a spare 231 already with the SYE installed I found really cheap ($100) It's got the 23 spline input.

so take the SYE 23 spline and front shaft from your 87 and put them in your 96 and you should be good to go.

Did I miss something?
Michael

I think mine just went out in the trash, this last weekend.

I have to double check,

If I have it, out of my 96, it's yours.

Jason

Back