• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Longer sway bar links/disconnects required for 2" BB?

maalox

NAXJA Forum User
I just got my 2" budget boost on, and my front sway bar links are stretched out to the point that one of them is bent. I've got new bushings, but before I go and buy stock replacements, do I need longer links, and if so, where's the best place to get a set?

I'm really surprised they are bending with a 2" lift. The sway bar should move to accomodate the new lift with no problem. You might check to see if it is binding. Otherwise, you have many choices. For my first lift (4.5"), I cut the links and welded in bolts on each side to add length. Then, I eventually broke down and bought the JKS quicker disconnects.

Good luck.

I've had a set of JKS gen2 quicker discos for years now. I took them out of the box.....they reside in my toolbox. I really should sell them.

Anyways, I have two XJs, a 96 on 32s with 3" of lift and a 99 on Q78s with ~5-6" of lift. Neither of them have sway bars. I drive both of them on the highway with no issues. I don't see why people like swaybars????

My 98 with 3 inch bb rode really rough with the stock swaybar ends. On my 97, I bought some extended end links for $40 from 4wpw(yes, I hate 4wpw, but oh well) and it rides worlds better. I can't figure out why, but I am happy with it.

Back