• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CEL after installing new distributor

diablo007

NAXJA Forum User
Hi All,
Got a question, I recently installed a new distributor and now my check engine light is on. My friend scanned it and it telling us it is lossing communication with the cam sensor? Any idea's on whats going on and how to fix it?

Thanks !
John

Not sure if the two are related, but seeing as how it came on right after you put a new distributor in, did you double check to make sure it's lined up properly?

I had the same issue when I replaced mine a few years back. Could not get the distributor to line up 100%. I think it was due to the fact that the replacment was a rebuild from Autozone and the tolerances were slightly off. In order to get it lined up, I had to cut/grind off one of the tabs on the distributor housing that go on either side of the bolt that holds it in place. Once the tab was gone, I was able to rotate the distributor and line everything up.

Well I did get it from autozone and its slightly off from the orginal. What tabs are you referring to? It didn't drop in exactly as the original did. Are you referring to the tab that hold the distributor down?

Back