• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Took my damn doors off

Mopar It

NAXJA Forum User
on my 89 xj, power windows power door locks. now i got hella wiring coming out by the door hinges and i cant use my dome light i pulled the fuse out because it stayed on, how can i fool the jeep into thinking doors closed so i can toggle the dome light on/off? (its very hard to find stuff at night inside the rig). and also what would you sugest for my wiring? id like to splice them all into one connector for future door-take-off's.

there is a plug on each side hooked up to the door jam button. unplug it and leave it unplugged. you can always turn it on by twisting the headlight knob.

next. push the "hella wiring" back through the holes in the door jam.

finally. wheel it.

did you cut the wires? if so, don't just push them in...It will pop the fueses. I will have to look at mine to see if you can put on a connector an still get the door to close

Here's what I did; trailer wire plugs for the windows and "bullet" connectors for the speakers. Then I relocated the window switches to the center console so I could still control the rear windows.

HPIM0824.jpg

HPIM0825.jpg

Edit - sorry for the blurry pics, camera sucks.

for the dome light just put two male connectors in where the fuse goes, wire those up to an inline fuse and a switch mounted wherever you want it. i did this a while ago and its works hella good

Last edited:
i dont no if you like having the music playing when you wheel, but if you want it, i just put the speakers of my 88 pioneer in my glove box...i ran the wires down through the site plastic trim work and through the seat to the middle glove box...negative, takes away from glove box space
C:\Documents and Settings\John Folino\My Documents\My Pictures\2007_0524Image

Back