• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Headliner question

SuperRA

NAXJA Forum User
I have a simple question about headliners. I searched but didn't find a definitive answer.

I want to replace the flaky fiberglass backing with something more rigid. Were some XJs supplied with the pressboard type? I'm also thinking of using one from a later model with the speakers molded in, is that one a pressboard type or fiberglass?

Thanks

my 95 was fiberglass, earlier ones i see at the junkyard are pressboard, but i havent seen any with the speakers molded in at the yards. from what ive seen at the JY pre 91 are pressboard type. you could always get the add on type soundbar that just hangs on the rear interior trim in the back, they work pretty well.

hope this helps.

GrimmJeeper said:
my 95 was fiberglass, earlier ones i see at the junkyard are pressboard, but i havent seen any with the speakers molded in at the yards. from what ive seen at the JY pre 91 are pressboard type. you could always get the add on type soundbar that just hangs on the rear interior trim in the back, they work pretty well.

hope this helps.

Well, I forgot to mention that mines is an 87, so... maybe its hit or miss? Maybe it just depended on what trim level it was?

My 96' has fiberglass with a soundbar for speakers<< just recovered it last weekend in realtree camo LOOKS GREAT Can't believe how east it was!!!!!!

Back