• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good Lockers?????

sprngfldxj

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking for the best place to but a Locker for the Chry 8.25- 27spl.?
I have a "True trac" up front now that came with the vehicle and I have a "Trac lock" in the rear, that if it is worth it, I would just switch to a Locker?
Would it be better to just keep the set up I have?
Ideas?

What exactly are you looking for? Which locker is best?

What kind of wheeling do you do, how much money do you have, do you dd it, I assume you drive in snow so are you willing to give up some drivability for a locker.
More info please.

It is a D D, yet I live in a very Rural Area. I may drive 10 miles in a week and then in a day drive 200 to the nearest city?
We have alot of dirt roads that in any given day can be your worst nightmare, or be as dry as the surface of the sun.
We have all kinds of terrian here, but mostly sand and gravel. Yet we can like last year have one storm that gives us 4 feet of snow in a day.
The money I have would be about 300.
I would be willing to give up the drivability for one, yet I becasue it is an XJ, the noise could really be a factor?
I have enjoyed the LS's I have, but we have some terrain here that with out a locker, you are out of luck.

I will re-state what I said.

With that budget you will not find a locker.

The lock right linked to you will not fit in the trac lock carrier.

goodburbon said:
I will re-state what I said.

With that budget you will not find a locker.

The lock right linked to you will not fit in the trac lock carrier.

The locker is within his budget. If he looks around, he can find a carrier for a few bucks more. I think he wanted a honest answer not a smart a#! one.

Alright, he can get a locker for less than 300 bucks.

IF he can find a carrier, master install kit, get all of that plus the locker shipped for less than 10 dollars , and reset his gears himself.

I think a realistic answer serves better than a " Hey look, you can get this thing (that won't fit your application) within your budget."

I apologize for typing my respoonse in a manner that seems smartassed. I though it was quick and poignant.

AAAHHHHH!!!!
That's it, I am going to set fire to the XJ and go back to the Toyota!
You guys have been a help and I will begin the quest of looking for....
1. A stock open carrier
2. A Cheap Locker, or Steal one and maybe not go to Jail
3. A Cheap Friend that could be Loyal enough to help me out to install it and then take a friends payment, and be satisfied that he helped a fellow wheeler in need.
4. Last, after all that, hope that the rest of the XJ stays intact and allows me to embrace the moment at least for one trip?
If all that doesn't work, Or seems to be too much, I will jsut keep it the way it is and install a winch, go as fast as I can to the obstacle and when I get stuck, do a little more...then winch my butt out!! That is of course, that the cable doesnt break or I have the length to reach what I need to anchor too...........
That is a whole other list!!!

jaburk,
How is the wheeling down in "Amarilla"?
I heard Red River is great?
I have been down a few times and have wanted to wheel down there but not familiar with all area. We are about 2 hours from you guys and I am looking for a place to wheel.
Can you suggest places in Amarillo or north of there?

easy!! find some one that will make you a trade for their stock carier you can give them your track lock. if you were closer to me I might do it.

sprngfldxj said:
jaburk,
How is the wheeling down in "Amarilla"?
I heard Red River is great?
I have been down a few times and have wanted to wheel down there but not familiar with all area. We are about 2 hours from you guys and I am looking for a place to wheel.
Can you suggest places in Amarillo or north of there?

Just north of Amarillo on Hwy 287 is the Canadian River. There are thousands of acres of public use land there. You will find all kinds of terrain and everything from Jeeps, dune buggies, motorcycles, and ATV's running around.

Back