• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wiring Harness ?

FRENCHEEY

NAXJA Forum User
Well I had an electrical short in my aux fan and it Krispy Krittered my Engine Wiring harness. Does anybody know if the Harness from a 88 Cherokee 4.0 Auto will fit my 90 Cherokee 4.0 Auto? --TIA

FRENCHEEY said:
Well I had an electrical short in my aux fan and it Krispy Krittered my Engine Wiring harness. Does anybody know if the Harness from a 88 Cherokee 4.0 Auto will fit my 90 Cherokee 4.0 Auto? --TIA
It should plug into the bulkhead at the firewall but chances are the wiring will look different when you're all done in the engine bay. You will also have the C101 connector if you go back to the 88 electrical system. 1990 was the only year of Renix without it IIRC. Hopefully someone else will reiterate what I said though. Good luck!
-Collin

FRENCHEEY said:
Hey Thanks Collin, I'll check it out. If worse comes to worse I guess I could do some splicing!
No problem, it shouldn't be too hard either way. It's just unlplugging and replugging a lot. Don't forget the 6mm screw in the bulkhead connector holding it together. If you do you'll just shatter the connector trying to pull it out (don't ask me how I know). Again, good luck.

The C101 connector will be the biggest difference. I think they elliminated it in 89, but not sure. Also keep in mind there could be differences in the harness for even the same year jeeps based on accessory differences between the two like manual versus automatic trannys. Also might be a difference in the brake wiring under the hood (not sure) but 90 was the year the ABS was introduced on the brakes.

I had an '89 that did not have the c101 connector so that may have been the cutoff year.

Back