• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacement suspension bolts?

The Adam Blaster

NAXJA Forum User
Any source where they are relatively inexpensive?
I'm looking to replace all the control arm bolts as well as the leaf spring bolts.
I went to moparpartz.com and they want 5.75 per bolt, and 4.25 per nut. On top of that, it would be another 20 bucks for shipping...

Does anyone know of a less expensive source?

Ace Hardware; 9/16 x 4.5". Stock is 14mm x 2.00 x 110 which works out to be .55" diameter x 4.3" long. The 9/16" bolt is .56" diameter and will fit tighter. The strength difference between a metric 10.9 and SAE Grade 8 is marginal.

KarlVP said:
They are just nuts and bolts. Get some grade 8 fasteners from your local hardware store or industrial supply place.

Home Depot does not carry grade 8's and there ain't much else around my 'hood that i know of.
I've been in my new city a little over a year, so i still don't have a good list of local suppliers yet... :(

Thanks for the rest of the info guys!!
I'll be surfing for bolts while i work. :D

Last edited:
Sherwood Park.
I could go right into Edmonton though, as long as i know what the place is called and have an address, i'll find it! ;)
Where are you Timber?

I live in Toledo, Ohio.
I guess you were right--there really isn't much near you unless you go into Edmonton. There is Home Hardware at 197 Ordze Ave., 780.417.0696. Totem Building Supplies, 340 Baseline Rd, 780.458.5124, but I couldn't really tell what they carry.

Gotcha. Sorry, the databases I have on businesses here at work only cover U.S. companies. I didn't think of that when I posted earlier.

I had to cut a couple of them.
Back story:
Bought the '98 XJ back in late '02, put a 3" on in summer of '03.
Beat the hell out of it for four years, now got a scorcher deal (through work) on some 33's and need to go with a bigger lift.
Got the lift, have been wrenching and cutting and grinding for 2 weeks after and around work, as well as home life and being tired as hell.
I've cut a few of the bolts, others the threads are kind of toast, and others, the bolts are actually bent.
So, if it's under 50 bucks, i'm just going to replace whatever i take off and start with shiny new hardware and lots of lockrite. ;)

And.... that's pretty much my rationale right now.

You might also try a big machine company such as caterpillar. See if there is a retailer near you. All the bolts on those things are big, and a lot of them metric. Our leaf spring bolts are "small bolts" on those things. I got my leaf spring bolts from a local hardware store, but I got some long metric bolts for my torque arm on my Trans AM through caterpillar. Just another option...

J.

Thanks again guys!
It would be kind of nice if there was a website with a nice little baggy full of all the bolts that you would need (or want to) replace when doing a standard lift.
So far it seems like the leaf bolts are pretty much the same as the control arm bolts, they might even be the same part number...
All i really need is about 8-12 of those for a decent price and i'd be happy.
The Chrysler parts sites don't seem to list "bolt" as a part. I will click on suspension parts, but even their diagrams don't show the bolts at all, just the main parts...

Back