• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

intake mainfold switch

JWHIT67

NAXJA Forum User
Any thoughts on switching out a 4.0 '98 intake manifold for a 99+ mainfold? I have read that the later manifold is larger and switching dramatically improves horsepower. When doing this do other things need to be changed as well?

I did the swap from my 95 to a 00 intake and it really didn't change that much. It idles and accelerates a little smoother but seat of the pants I really couldn't tell the difference!! Hope that helps!:cool:

1995kamikazeXJ said:
I did the swap from my 95 to a 00 intake and it really didn't change that much. It idles and accelerates a little smoother but seat of the pants I really couldn't tell the difference!! Hope that helps!:cool:

I did this on my 96 the same time as a APN header. Also didn't nitice much. I also have a donaldson airbox so my intake is unrestricted. I figure that upgrading my cat and muffler will be when I really notice a difference.

Back