• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

good tranny skid

Rusty's makes a decent skid.

Lets not start another flame war on Rusty's cutomer service......

I really like my Rusty's engine-trans skid. It went in easily. It has taken a lot of abuse and has saved my trans numberous times (AW4's hang low). I got good service on mine, it was delivered on time with all the parts. The price was good too.

You can guess by my first line that some folks have problems with Rusty's but I didnt and could not be happier.

John

i run just the tomken Tranny skid ... lil cheaper then the full engine... installs really easy and takes a beating ...
just watch there are to differnt ones based on he distance between the back of the lower control arm mount to the the front edge of the cross member
http://www.tomken.com/detail.php?id=117

nosigma said:
Lets not start another flame war on Rusty's cutomer service......

I really like my Rusty's engine-trans skid. It went in easily. It has taken a lot of abuse and has saved my trans numberous times (AW4's hang low). I got good service on mine, it was delivered on time with all the parts. The price was good too.

You can guess by my first line that some folks have problems with Rusty's but I didnt and could not be happier.

John

I've never heard a complaint about rusty's skids... Only all their other stuff... Everything i have is from rusty's and I only complain about the bushings they use in the control arms... Way too soft.

TNTcustoms or fulltractions newer design

DO NOT RECOMMEND WARN, bent first trip out.

What does everyone run with a LA? Every after market skid I see you need to use the LCA mount. I was thinking of building one with the t-case crossmember and the motor mounts as the mounting points.

holly crap. basically all the common brands have tranny skids. how in the world do i not remember running across them.

i'm not going to flame rusty's, and don't really care to hear anymore about his good or bad service. LOL i read so much on this forum and other places about bad shipping and bad responses from them, that i personally just feel better not to try him.

as for warn. i'm VERY VERY surprised. i actually just got a warn skid for free today for my wifes TJ, and it's bent. still usuable, but bent. apparently the guy bent it the first time it came in contact with a rock. he was very upset and changed brands. so i'm going to try and bend it back and weld another 1/4" plate across the bottom or something. i haven't looked at it enough to see how i want to re-inforce it.

Back