• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

smokie and the bandit, CB ???

pataterchip

NAXJA Forum User
After my first weekend trip to the trails in my recently completed XJ, I realized that will be needing a CB. Everyone else has them in there Jeeps and plus they look- and with the right lingo sounds-really cool. I have been shopping around and have realized I know nothing about CB radios. What are all the options, why every used one says that they had a really good shop tune it, and much less how to buy the one I am gonna need.
Can some one please explain the in's and out's of CB's

IMO one is not much different than the other... I've got a uniden that works just as well as my cobra... Tho i do recommend getting a Wilson antenna... I have the Lil Wilson 300 and love it... I never had it tuned like the other guys have but it seems to work fine for me up to about 5 miles... If there was a shop around here i would def have it tuned...

I got everything I needed from radio shack. Back then it was the cheapest place I could find everything.

Google cb and you will learn all you want to know about them.

There are many options here.

There are also many threads on NAXJA about this.

I too use a Uniden from Radio Shack. I also use a cheap mag-mount antennea. I got them both for about $65 a couple of years ago. Neither of these are on my daily driver everday. I just connect them up when I go wheeling. I do plan on mounting a CB and probably antennea in the very near future.

Not sure on the CB, but the antennea will be a Wilson, just not sure exactly which one yet.

Nortridge4x4 has a sale on a Cobra and Firestick:

http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddetail.php?prod=PKG-CB

Good Luck!

Back