• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D35 to 8.25, ABS ?

R6TeXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 91 and a 97 XJs. The 97 has a d35 with ABS. I have a 8.25 that doesn't have abs that came from a 98 XJ. I want to know what I need to do with the abs lines and stuff when I do the swap. Also how do I keep the ABS light from coming on due to it not being hooked up?

thanks
donova

btw: I have been searching and only found the threads mentioning how the d35 to 8.25 swap is a basic bolt in, but nothing relating to the abs system.

not sure, but do u really need abs? i know a lot of guys that got rid of it, as they didnt like it when wheeling. you'll need a new master cylinder, and maybe booster???(not sure here) then, just pull the fuse for the abs light, and u should be good to go, as far as i've been able to tell from people. good luck, maybe someone a little more advanced then me can give more info

i just disconected the abs system on my 35 and cut the wires...the abs light is on but f it. it wont affect anything to just cut wires and pull fuses. everything works the same -abs. bolt in whatever you want after that.

It has abs with the d35 now. I'm wanting the 8.25 minus the abs. I was just wondering what to do with the abs light and lines?

where are the fuses to pull to keep the light from coming on the dash?

i would like your rear abs wiring (if you didnt cut it) please pm me if intrested

if i remember right, the abs light fuse is in the engine fuse block, one of the smallest fuses in there. the cover there will tell which one. i wouldnt think that u would have to cut the wires to the light to turn it off, but its possible. i'll look at my fuse block tomorrow to see where the light fuse is

you don't have to cut them, there is a plug for them under the back seat on the driver side, just flip up the seat and pull back the carpet, unplug them, pull them though the floor, seal up the hole, then pull the ABS fuse under the hood.

mack said:
you don't have to cut them, there is a plug for them under the back seat on the driver side, just flip up the seat and pull back the carpet, unplug them, pull them though the floor, seal up the hole, then pull the ABS fuse under the hood.

Precisely what I did. I also pulled the ABS fuse and relay under the hood, and I believe there was one in the passenger kick panel that I pulled to kill the light, I would need to look back though the fuse diagrams and my panels to figure out what I did. I then sold my ABS lines for like $40!

Back