• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can I remove my OEM Sway Bars?

Long thread- let's say I want to run with a swaybar on the highway.. but not in the back country. Anyone tried the currie anti-sway bar for an XJ? Are there other "selectable" products out there?

after you remove the front sway bar take it out for a drive.. The rear must be off to when you test drive... Then try to panic steer your jeep.. You know hit the brakes an turn hard right or left.. If it feels to loose then put it back on in front.. I would bye disco for the front or make some......
my 2 cents

Most of us get by without swaybars because the springs and or shocks that we install as part of our lift kits are stiffer than oem parts.The suspension acts like a swaybar in that case....to a certain extent.....
we also adjusted our driving styles accordingly.

One good way to run without swaybars is to install a set of procomp shocks:laugh:

mscompguy said:
Long thread- let's say I want to run with a swaybar on the highway.. but not in the back country.

Ditch the rear swaybar; it's probably the best zero-dollar mod you can do.

For the front, get some JKS Quick Disconnects. Run with the swaybar disconnected off-road, then reconnect when on pavement.

Back