• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rim swap

tkjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Ran across an old small pick up the other day, it was a wrangler with no other ID on it, I found out it is an old s10. It appears to have 5X4.4 rims on it that I may like to swap if they have different backspacing than stock xj rims. Anyone know what the backset is on these wheels assuming they are stock. Thanks

I think that all depends on the year. I've had stock S-10 rims on my 88 MJ back in the day. Then just a year ago, I got a set from a Ranger. They both fit with no modifications at all.

:confused1 Really! SOB! I just gave away two sets of aluminum rims from an s-10. I was under the impression that they were the 5x5.5 bolt spacing. They were off of 94 and 91 blazers.

Jeepm@n said:
really. SOB I just gave away two sets of aluminum rims from an s-10. I was under the impression that they were the 5x5.5 bolt spacing. They were off of 94 and 91 blazers.
Well, looks like I already get to eat my words. I could have swore the ones I had were off of an S-10, but looking around the web, it looks like the S-10's had a 5x4.75 BP. Wow, looks like I'm really off to a good start on here.:anon:

Ah yes as I suspected, just off, of course I meant 5X4.5 not 5X4.4. Thanks all.

Ranger wheels will fit the XJ/YJ/TJ, but you will have to grind the center hole so that it will fit over the Jeeps hub. Most older(95 and older) Ranger/Exploder wheels are 15x6 or 15x7 with 4.75 BS

Back