• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rusted parts,..

bxj

NAXJA Forum User
Decided to do a weekend check-up of the ole XJ- Lo and behold the rear bumper was sorta loose.(I.shoulda left it alone,for a later time...) but being diligentt I contiued to see that the part was almost rusted away from all this midwestern salt that we have here during the winter months-The removed part was almost falling apart like dust in my hands -Was wondering if anyone has any good simple solutions to the ongoing problem with rusted pieces and parts like the stock caked-up and rusted rear-bumper nutsert threaded bolt holder and other various XJ pieces-Is there some type of soaking acid/ mineral solution that will work to clean/eliminate/remove rust other than haveing to continuously use steel brushes or in the latest case, fabricate + weld together a completely new nutsert strip-

Back