• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

31s and stock ride height

camarors8992

NAXJA Forum User
Can i put 31" tires on my jeep now, as long as I keep it on the street ? I have bald tires on my jeep now and i have an opportunity to buy 31s now for cheap, but my jeep is stock.

you'll rub like a mother. I threw some 31's on my jeep just for fun when mine was stock and it was horrible. If you dont mind trimming your fenders you can throw anything you want to on it.

Cherokeekid88 said:
you'll rub like a mother. I threw some 31's on my jeep just for fun when mine was stock and it was horrible. If you dont mind trimming your fenders you can throw anything you want to on it.

No trimming. Even on the street they will rub ?

You can fit 30's but don't try and carry anything in the back and you will need steering stop washers in the front.

You can fit 31's. I've driven a couple of jeeps with a set of 265/75/16's, but they were backspaced out maybe .75" more.

Also keep in mind age of the Jeep, and the condition of the suspension. Since you're still at stock height, if you've got an older model (say early to mid 90's), i'd think twice about 31's at "stock" height, as there's a good chance the suspension has started to sag with time.

If you go with the 31's, just remember that your speedometer and odometer are affected. Using a GPS to check my speed, 45mph on the dash was 47.5 on the GPS, and 55mph was 58.5.

The upside to that is that I've probably been getting better gas mileage than I thought I was, and my extended warranty will last that much longer, too. ;)

I'm running 31's on Canyon wheels on a stock 93 sport no trimming.

Ok they are almost wore out but they still run better than the 235's that came on the Jeep

With a little sagging in the rear, I was rubbing like crazy with 235/75 which are about a 28.9" tall tire. You will be better off with stock backspace in my opinion running that tire. If you go with anything around 4 or 4.25 backspace, you will rub like crazy.

Back