• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Issue after Homebrew Busget Boost

mikegronholz

NAXJA Forum User
Issue after Homebrew Budget Boost

Got my homebrew on yesterday ... absolutely love the new ride characteristics !!! I added a TF poly spacer for the front and an extra XJ main leaf for the rear. Added Bilstein 5100s all around and the XJ rocks !!!

I may have an issue and wanted to get your opinions. Before the "boost", the XJ had no abnormal noises. After the boost, it sounds like a "growl" coming from the rear of my position in the driver's seat. There are no noticable vibrations up to 70 mph. This growl appears at 50mph and continues as fast as I go. There are no noises at all at less than 50mph. I am wondering if it is tires as the Daytons I have have always been noisy and I was testing on a road I haven;t traveled before, so it may be tire noise. But lets assume it is not, what would you guys start with ?

The XJ is a 2001 with 90k on the clock.

Last edited:
Reminds me of before I got my SYE. It MAY be your output bearing on your transfer case, I think that's what mine was.

That is where I was leaning ... That being the case, At what heights are the front XJ driveshafts good for the rear ? Will it be ok at 2-3" ?

I did the same kind of lift in the back (added the next biggest leaf from the donor pack, too = 6 leaves!). Also love the ride.

I had the same "growl" in my '98 after the lift. I did a t-case drop and the problem went away.

If you want to go SYE, it would be better, and every XJ is different, but a t-case drop might do the trick. It did for me.

Back