• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gutter pinch seam covers, chrome or otherwise

xjtrailrider

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
These go over the pinch seam at the rain gutter and run full length of the roof, they glue on.

Where can I find them, I have one on my 90' that the very end of it is broken off. I would like to replace both of them with blacked out versions.

Unless you wheel where there are no trees, I would just yank the thing off and paint the seam black. Mine got pulled off by an overhanging branch and I figure it will just happen again if I glue a new one on there.

X2, I need one too!

xjtrailrider said:
These go over the pinch seam at the rain gutter and run full length of the roof, they glue on.

Where can I find them, I have one on my 90' that the very end of it is broken off. I would like to replace both of them with blacked out versions.

Maverickj1 said:
Unless you wheel where there are no trees, I would just yank the thing off and paint the seam black. Mine got pulled off by an overhanging branch and I figure it will just happen again if I glue a new one on there.

I'm looking for them for my 90' DD that I'm restoring, I know what your saying I rub them on my trail rig often.

Is there any trick, preffered method to R & R'ing them with out damaging them when we do a JY pull?

88xjchief said:
A junk yard would have them.

Ecomike said:
Is there any trick, preffered method to R & R'ing them with out damaging them when we do a JY pull?

They are not glued on they are held on by metal clips. If you put your thumbs on the bottom of the gutter and kinda push down with your other 8 fingers on top of it. and use your thumbs to push out and up out and up they roll off. you will have to do this in about 4 places where the clips are located.

Back