• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Intake Swap.....Help,

sprngfldxj

NAXJA Forum User
Can anyone give me info on what is needed for these swaps?

1. 99 and newer Intake swap on a 92 Xj 4.0? Can I just do the intake and use all my fuel system and injectors?
I am doing the swap for performance reasons...
4:10 gearing and running 33's with an AW4. When I have the roof rack and winch along with just stuff, she can be a dog!! Thsi seems to be the most economical change I can make for the time being.

2. Upgrading to a 136 amp Alt. from the stock 90 amp from my 92. What do I do to mount it to the new intake or the old which ever I go with?
Do I need new fuses or any other electrical stuff for the Alt swap?
I am doing this for the winch reason and future electrical stuff.

Both peices of equipment I can get for $150. Alot cheeper than regearing!

http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/index.htm he has an excellent write up on the actual swap. I did the swap,but i did a lot of other things too,so i can't tell you how much power the intake by itself will give you. I noticed a big power increase when i swapped to a newer engine and swapped the newer inake along with a mopar performance header,bored tb,spacer,and free flowing exhaust.

Back