• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Death Wobble on stock jeep

'left out unbalanced tires./ unevenly worn tires.

how many miles/year/etc?

I did the tire balance thing....NO HELP....Ball joints.....NO HELP.....Track Bar Bushings...BINGO!!!
Every Jeep is different but that is my past experience.

I have the same issue, though I think my D/W is alot more violent.

I have a ever-so-slightly loose trackbar, and a steering stablizer that has no dampening ability left at all.

Does anyone have anything against autozone trackbars? (Assuming the Jeep stays at stock height)

89CherokeePioneer said:
Does anyone have anything against autozone trackbars? (Assuming the Jeep stays at stock height)

I used OEM stuff and a press to replace my bushings. Do not have any AZ trackbar experience. Some of their stuff is good while some is junk. You have to pick and choose with AZ IMHO.

Re: Death Wobble

96xjwheeler said:
Ball joints
control arms
shocks
tie rod
drag link
trac bar

My death wobble experience. I searched, found this thread, and checked out all those items. My tie rods and trac bar were tight. I replaced the upper and lower control arms, and my death wobble got better, but was still there. I then installed new shocks front and rear, and replaced the stabilizer. Still there, but manageable, and kicking in around 65mph, not 45-50. Today, I had new tires mounted and balanced on the old steelies, and my death wobble is gone. It's going in for an alignment later this week. Pretty much shot tires, wheel weight throwing aluminum stock wheels, worn shocks/stabilizer, and one bad lower control arm. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction NAXJA

have somebody turn steering wheel a little side to side while you feel each connection and you'll find the issue. Many variables in the front end can contribute to D/W. Good Luck and happy hunting.
Sams as stated above: Track bar/mounts is where I'd start

Matthew Currie said:
Since Eagle hasn't been seen in these parts for a while, I'll repeat his three top reasons for wobble, in order of importance: balance, balance and balance. :jester:
And Tight...ness

Back