• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel sending unit.

codysown

NAXJA Forum User
What years will the fuel sending unit cross-over. I have a 90 and I pulled the pump and sending unit. When I put it back in it no longer works. This vehichle sat for over 3 years and all the gas evaporated and the guage did not read right. I have an 84 for some parts but most do not fit. Is their a way to rebuild these with little trouble or is it just easier to put a new one in?

If anyone has a good one laying around and willing to separate from it shoot me an email. codysown @ gmail.com

Thanks Cody

I replaced mine in an emergency situation (Thanksgiving weekend) a couple years back with a JY one from an 88 and the gas gauge read backwards. Thought I hooked something up backwards but everything was plug n play. Turned out to be a bad ground. So an '88 will work in a 90. Hope my little story helped or at least entertained.

Back