• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ lift for pavement pounder???

jvancamp

NAXJA Forum User
I am building a pavement pounder and looking at the 3.5" lift with shocks from Rubicon Express. Part #RE6025

Is there anything else I need to be concerned with?
Transfer case lowering maybe?

Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

2000 XJ Limited

With a 2000, I suggest a SYE, the 97+ are more prone to vibrations plus the RE kit sits higher at first so thats a deffinite

just sold it but here is my 94 XJ with the re3.5 and 33's
homebrew washers tcase drop
no vibes. no axle shims.
l_7daf651419312595aaadef64d63c5298.jpg

you also probly had a d35 rear end, its the added length of the 8.25's that causes the vibes, thus needing a SYE at times

you could try shims and TC drop

Looks good.

I would rather go 3 inches, but cannot find a kit that includes full rear springs and not an add-a-leaf.

jvancamp said:
Looks good.

I would rather go 3 inches, but cannot find a kit that includes full rear springs and not an add-a-leaf.

you will be kicking yourself down the road if you dont get the RE 3.5 kit. Its far surperior to anything else you can find for a 3.5 inch kit.

I will continue to use the stock 16" aluminum wheels.
So I don't need a lot of lift for the aggressive look I'm going for.

I believe 3" is plenty and don't see RE offering one. I guess I could go 3.5"
My max tire size I would like to go with are 30" or less so it will be easier to recal the speedo if needed.

Thats why I am posting here at NAXJA. Most useful site I found after starting my project.

And pay less than half as much on shipping... rustys kits go up almost another hundred bux on shipping

ZacSquatch said:
you also probly had a d35 rear end, its the added length of the 8.25's that causes the vibes, thus needing a SYE at times

you could try shims and TC drop

were you talking to me on that one when i posted my xj with just a tcase drop and not an SYE?

Children, children. Don't make me pull this car over!

I have products from both and I have to agree with both of you. Yes, Rusty's is less expensive. Yes, RE is much more expensive.

Although Rusty is a nice guy to talk to on the phone, his shipping charges are ridiculous and his products just tend to break. I have yet to have any RE items break, their shipping is fair and super fast. That being said, I still buy stuff from Rusty's occasionally.

Buy the best you can afford to live with...save for better if you can.

jvancamp said:
I am building a pavement pounder and looking at the 3.5" lift with shocks from Rubicon Express. Part #RE6025

Is there anything else I need to be concerned with?
Transfer case lowering maybe?

Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

2000 XJ Limited

I'd perhaps hold off on the SYE until you get whatever lift setup you go with on there, and have a chance to drive it.

No two Jeeps react the same to a lift. Some can lift them as high as the sky, and have zero vibes (not needing a tcase drop or SYE or anything), and others can lift theirs 3" and need the SYE.

In my case, a simple 1" tcase drop took care of 95% of my vibes on a 3" set up. Eventually, i'll probably go to a SYE, but for right now, it works just fine.

Which transfer case do you have?

Back