• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick OBA q's

cardboard

NAXJA Forum User
I am piecing together the parts to build my a/c OBA. I was talking to a mechanic buddy of mine about the benefits of this setup , one of them being to run air tools if I need to, and he stated " There is no way a converted ac compressor can run air tools if I put on an extra tank".
Is he right or can tools be run with this setup?

Thank You Rev. My buddy says i may get a 2 to 3 second blast on an Impact wrench but it wont even be enough to get a stuck bolt off. I can't wait to prove him wrong and get my "Steak Dinner".

I carry an impact w/a full set of impacts. I have stopped many times and changed out tires on the side of the road for people. Tire off and back on in less than the driver can figure out whats going on. I am running a York compressor but your stock a/c compressor is comparable to the York. I also have ran a blasting cabinet off of the setup I had on my YJ. The only thing that I have found that I cant keep up with is an air grinder or my air ratchet. I am running about a three gallon tank also. You will be surprised at what it will do.

i have a 10 gallon tank. a little big, takes a while to fill up but when it does, i can use it for a while with the jeep off.

Back