• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finished up some a few projects...

VET'S XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Decided that my old front bumper provided about zero protection for the front corners, so I hacked it off and reconstructed the ends...much better now and protects the corners.
Before:
P1010168-1.jpg

After:
P1010346.jpg

Also I decided to ditch the fender flares. After rubbing a rear one and pushing in some sheet metal on the Rubicon, I decided that they are no longer needed. I pulled the flares, re trimmed the front, put on some protecto trim, and....added some rear quarter panel protection.
front w/ trim:
P1010347.jpg

P1010348.jpg

rear quarter w/ .25" UHMV and a nautical access port for the gas:
P1010349.jpg

P1010350.jpg

P1010351.jpg

P1010352.jpg

Not sure if there is a whole lot of tech here but definetly some useful stuff like the fender trim...ebay for cheap, UHMV-pretty darn rigid, but seems like it will rebound to its orginal flat shape and keep the sheet metal doing the same.

Enjoy, if you have any questions let me know...

bravo!

love the look of your quarters and the fuel filler.

and the new corners are 10000000 better on your front bumper.

sweet.

andy

Bumpers front and rear are custom, as well as rock sliders.

Biner is for climbing...lots up here in the Sierras....

Thanks for the compliments!

I like the look of your fender openings. What did you use to trim around the edges?

thanks for the compliments guys...The light mounts are custom pretty simple design using 1/8 stock and angle. the trim is called TrimLok, I found it on ebay, there are tons of different sizes and colors...pretty cheap too!
I just used a rubber mallet and popped it right on to the fenders...so nice not to have to really clean the edges up. By the way I used an angle grinder to cut the front fenders and cut and fold for the rear.:cheers:

Back