• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Leaf shim for the DPG SYE kit install?

FastFreddy4

NAXJA Forum User
i just had my 2001 XJ lifted (full length add a leaf) at a local spring alignment shop (I trust) and it got the driveline vibs... I called DPG and got the SYE kit and I got it with the longer u bolts and the angled shims and eye bolt replacement. My question is replacing the u-bolts no problem - but when I take out the stock eye bolt (locater bolt) to instal the wedge shim under it to tip the nose of the diff up - will the spring pack come apart and be a total nightmare to get the new bolt in? I was planning on c-clamping the spring on boths sides so it doesn't move much - but am I going about this the right way? Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks
Fred

C-clamping the springs works great. It's not that big a deal if spring pack comes apart, that's how you add AALs (add a leaf). But, it is quicker and easier to C-clamp the pack if you don't need to take it apart for other reasons.

You've got the right idea, just make sure that the c-clamps are on tight and make sure to clamp them after you remove the u-bolts to they are not under load and will remain in-posion. I clamped mine once when they were under load and when I jacked the jeep up the springs relaxed and the clamps shifted and came loose. Your on the right track Feddy! do-it-to-it

Back