• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Passanger window controls??? not working

intuitionx2

NAXJA Forum User
2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport. They stopped working today. Driver side works fine. I clicked the window lock on and off a few times and checked fuse???????:doh:

Any ideas?

Check the wires that run inside the rubber boot between the body and the door. Both sides of the vehicle, the wires tend to break.

Well it looks as though a fix is found, but has some issues with lights after you do this. "see last posting in thread" Bypasses the lockout too... I will check my door wires. Then see if I can rebuild the switch. need the lock out for the kids lol:angel:

I have the same problem with mine, only they kinda can't decide whether they want to work or not. Some days they don't, some they do...doesn't bother me enough to worry about it, as I can still control all windows from driver's door.

p2y2r7o said:
I have the same problem with mine, only they kinda can't decide whether they want to work or not. Some days they don't, some they do...doesn't bother me enough to worry about it, as I can still control all windows from driver's door.

Well see the wife don't know yet... Although she is A/C 100% of the time anywho. lol
But just got it last week. Feel a lot better checking the wires out. They ran new wires to the speakers. Previous owner changed out radio and all speakers. Mixed about that but price was right lol. In great shape other wise. Except for a shake at 70mph +. Have not taken it in to check balance yet. Its not to bad so might just hold out till buy new tires. won't be long anywho. Smooth at lower than 70 really shows at 75+

intuitionx2 said:
Well it looks as though a fix is found, but has some issues with lights after you do this.
I put this bypass in on my 2000 XJ last weekend, and there are no light issues. Everything works perfectly, except of course the lockout, which is now permanently "off".

TboneXJSport said:
I put this bypass in on my 2000 XJ last weekend, and there are no light issues. Everything works perfectly, except of course the lockout, which is now permanently "off".
Good to hear. I still need to have switch though. 10 month old and 1 on the way :) Master only is better option for me lol

Back