• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Grabber at2 vs hercules terra trac (comparison pic)

gba88

NAXJA Forum User
Hi Guys,
I've been researching these 2 tires: general grabber at2, and Hercules terra trac a/w (same as merit all country lxt). These are for a DD, I'm most concerned about wet roads, and snow performance. These would be in a 235/75 R15. Please post if you have experience with either or recommendations. Thanks! See linked pic for tread comparison image.

I've never run them, but i've heard a lot of good about the grabbers. Affordable tire that surprises most is what i'm hearing....but like I said, i've never run them on mine before.

The grabber has a very similar design to the BFG AT which i am running and i love them. very good on wet roads and for DD. Never used them in the snow but friends have said they are amazing. As for offroading they are simply amazing on dry rock surfaces.

Thanks for the response so far! So anyone ever run the all country/terra tracs? I'm primarily concerned with snowy/icy road handling and wasn't sure if the tread design of the hercules would clear out better...from seeing both in "real life" the hercules seem to be slightly more narrow too.

The Grabbers look to have alot more siping (grooves) in the tread. I've never run either, but I'd say the Grabbers should do much better on ice and snow. I run BFG ATs on my DD and they do great in the winter.

the grabbers were awsome on my stock xj, did very well in rain snow and mud and lasted about 65K miles befroe i upgraded in size. Im sure id have gotten 75K+ but they looked funny with a 5 inch lift

DaveD912 said:
The Grabbers look to have alot more siping (grooves) in the tread. I've never run either, but I'd say the Grabbers should do much better on ice and snow. I run BFG ATs on my DD and they do great in the winter.
Yes more siping tends to do better in wet weather. A nice big center channel for the water will help too. I would go with the Grabbers myself for a DD

I love mine!! I have had them for over a year now and they are great on and off road!! mine are 265/70/16's

Back