• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Merry christmas to me!!!

ZacSquatch

NAXJA Forum User
44f.jpg

44e.jpg

44d.jpg

has some surface rust, just needs calipers, rotors, bearing, plus a lil love.. and shes good.
Didn't know at the time but it came with a warn hub conversion, yay.

Does anyone know if my D30 calipers will work on the 44?

ZacSquatch said:
has some surface rust, just needs calipers, rotors, bearing, gears, locker, alloys, high steer plus a lil love.. and shes good.
Didn't know at the time but it came with a warn hub conversion, yay.
The pictures almost look like it's a low pinion. Hopefully it's not. :thumbup:
ZacSquatch said:
Does anyone know if my D30 calipers will work on the 44?
No, they won't, but why would you want to?

Put something on there that will stop you, my D30 barely stops with the stock brakes. Upgrade now while you are changing and have to buy new calipers anyway.

Haha, well I was going on the fact that my bro told me $200 for calipers... I found a lot of stuff on bronco graveyard.com

master rebuild kit-225
calipers- 35 per
c-bushings-26
trac bar bushings-11

Its a high pinion, the angle of the pics makes it look funny

76 f-150, weld on wedges btw..

91 Jeep Project said:
There is no such thing................;)

Hate to correct you but 61-77.5 Fords had low pinion driver drop 44's, I won't even go into all the passenger drop low pinion 44's in Chevys, Dodges, and IHC's.

MisterFubar said:
Hate to correct you but 61-77.5 Fords had low pinion driver drop 44's, I won't even go into all the passenger drop low pinion 44's in Chevys, Dodges, and IHC's.

Technically my statement is correct. Ford NEVER had a low pinion D44 1/2 ton axle. And this is a 1/2 ton Ford axle. So thanks for the "correction" but I knew exactly what I was talking about.

91 Jeep Project said:
Technically my statement is correct. Ford NEVER had a low pinion D44 1/2 ton axle. And this is a 1/2 ton Ford axle. So thanks for the "correction" but I knew exactly what I was talking about.

My 1962 Ford F100 4x4 has a low pinion d44 half ton axle.

91 Jeep Project said:
Technically my statement is correct. Ford NEVER had a low pinion 1/2 ton axle. And this is a 1/2 ton Ford axle. So thanks for the "correction" but I knew exactly what I was talking about.

I was going to go back and edit my statement saying that but you were quick on the reply. While we are getting technical about it though, 61-65 F100's did have a low pinion D44, but you don't find many 4x4's from those years in the Junkyards.

Good score, what are the plans for it Zacsquatch?

MisterFubar said:
I was going to go back and edit my statement saying that but you were quick on the reply. While we are getting technical about it though, 61-65 F100's did have a low pinion D44, but you don't find many 4x4's from those years in the Junkyards.

Good score, what are the plans for it Zacsquatch?

1958-1965.

1957 and older had passenger side drop low pinion dana 44 as part of the Napco PowerPak, but they went factory 4x4 in 1958 with the dsd lp44.

cal said:
1958-1965.

1957 and older had passenger side drop low pinion dana 44 as part of the Napco PowerPak, but they went factory 4x4 in 1958 with the dsd lp44.

Thanks for the correction and the info, I guess if I'm going to start correcting people I need to do a quick search and not just go by my poor memory.

Goin a different route, using existing radius arms with Johnny joints for a long arm using a crossmember/link setup like so
7.5" RE coils, 5150's

arms4.jpg

same think I want minus heims

I have a ford 9" already with my own u-bolt eliminater set up (3" over stock), 3.5" rusty's leafs, 1.5" shackles, 5150's

Its a simple set-up for now, but i figured why not get a axle and long arm setup all in one go

MisterFubar said:
Thanks for the correction and the info, I guess if I'm going to start correcting people I need to do a quick search and not just go by my poor memory.

I only know because I have a '62 f100 4x4, and have done my research looking for parts. ;)

Back