• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

should I get this dana 60? pics**

hockey10588

NAXJA Forum User
Found this sucker for sale:

jxRPbrUqFVVSd1q2F02FjaMEmgIt.jpg

I can get it for $275 complete. He says it'll bolt right into a wrangler and it looks like it has spring perches so I'm guessing a YJ. The perches look like they're on top of the axle so would it bolt into my XJ? I have been looking for an XJ 44 rear but this might be better. The only problem is I would need new wheels (it's 8 lug) and a full size front axle. I might be able to get a HP 44 front but I'm kind of short on funds.

I've been wanting to do a front leaf conversion so this might be the perfect time if I need to get a 44 front. It would probably be cheaper to go front leaves than buy new brackets and have someone weld them on.

What do you guys think?

EDIT: it also has 4.10's and a limited slip

Heres what the add says

"I HAVE A HEAVY DUTY DANA 60 REAR END W/ 4.10 GEARS AND A POSITRAC OR LIMITED SLIP!!! THIS UNIT WILL BOLT RIGHT IN A JEEP WRANGLER!!!! This will also bolt into a Ford ranger. This also has eight bolt lug pattern. There is no play in this unit and ist is almost bullet proof!I AM ASKING 400 BUT WILL TAKE A RESONABLE OFFER. THIS UNIT IS VERY TIGHT AND SHOULD MAKE SOME ROCK CRAWLER OR 4X4 VERY HAPPY."

some more pics
cwmM2U7j4vKU0TNXNnpsQ9KWvYFr.jpg

t9NrPVKvFVAS7918DhfWfsI1Rpez.jpg

I1pYDmBDMgC23wa9oPawtusjBKMT.jpg

91 Jeep Project said:
Things like this are why you probably shouldn't buy this axle.
ya that's what I've been thinking. I could buy it, maybe wait a while and sell it again or trade it for an XJ 44 if someone is moving up

Back