• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift for high speed offroading

vegard

NAXJA Forum User
I really enjoy wheeling, and Ive spent alot of time in Moab, as well as many places in colorado, and a few in PA, but I find that I enjoy going fast more than crawling.

Basically, I want to buy a lift kit thats nice and stiff. Currently I have S-10 leaves added in the back, Grand Cherokee coils with spacers in the front. I have Bilstein 5150 shocks and I carefully adjusted my bumpstops.

Right now, my car is worn out. I started getting death wobble, and it has sagged. I want to get a kit to replace the springs and suspenison links. Since I like to go fast, I am looking for stiffer springs, and Ill keep my current shocks. I am looking for a 3-5" lift. I also plan to get 32" or 33" tires to go with it.

I like my brother's OME heavy duty setup, but I think I need another inch or so more than that, and I would like to get some new control arms.

Thanks for any recommendations.

- Vegard

I'm not really sure if this is what you are looking for, but do a search for prerunner suspensions. That might lead you in the right direction.

EvanH said:
I'm not really sure if this is what you are looking for, but do a search for prerunner suspensions. That might lead you in the right direction.
That and do some searching for "JeepSpeed" There are a TON of build threads out there that should suit what you're looking for... unless that is you want a "100% bolt on kit".

Last edited:
Ok, looking at the T&J setups, they use drop brackets. Is this a good idea? Should I be looking for a long arm kit?
I am thinking about building my own 3-link, like some of the guys in the advanced fab forum, but Its hard to afford that much downtime.

- Vegard

if you ever want to race it in jeepspeed, you have to run a suspension system that anyone can purchase..ie full traction, bds, tnt, etc.

vegard said:
Ok, looking at the T&J setups, they use drop brackets. Is this a good idea? Should I be looking for a long arm kit?
I am thinking about building my own 3-link, like some of the guys in the advanced fab forum, but Its hard to afford that much downtime.

- Vegard

My neighbor just finished his JS truck. It has the Full Traction 6" long arm suspension and the ACOS hydro bumpstops. He plated his rails with 1/4" steel and tied the rails into the 6pt cage. He's running a waggy 44 up front and lp9 rear with 4.56s on 33s. I'm trying to sell him my old stroker motor and chevy 5speed, but so far he is only interested in spending money on gas. :D

Whatever you do, don't forget to plate the rails and reinforce the coil/leaf mounts. Also box the LCAs and gusset the UCAs. Otherwise you will be doing a lot of work you otherwise could have avoided. These trucks are fun and cheap to work with as you probably already know. :thumbup:

Just my two cents! ;)

A lot of Jeepspeed guys use the skyjacker subframe & lift.

Dont buy the T and J bump stop mounts. THEY SUCK! I decided to get a set since I thought it would be good money spent but when I got them, it so was not worth the money. The first set had a cheezy little 1/4" set screw which was suposed to hold the bump stop in the can. I called them up and after several attempts talked with the owner Tom Barnett and told him that I didnt want this cause it was not the clamp style I had ordered. He got pissy since I called his product out as being a piece of crap which it clearly was. T and J would not refund my money, but only offer store credit. Ok so we talked it over and he said he would send me out a clamp style bump stop mount. The clamp style mount he sent me was a HUGE piece of crap. There was a huge 1/2" bolt in a sleeve welded to the end of the tube which would CLEARLY hit the spring as the suspension cycles. I called back cause this product was not the quality I expected for $150 and have not heard back. Search around and get ideas for how to mount them and build them yourself! T and J performance Sucks!

AARON

ok, I think I will avoid using T&J performance. I dont think I want drop brackets anyway. I will just buy springs, some new leaf shackles, and some joints and build from there.

.... still researching the best parts.....

- Vegard

Back