• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 inch Budget Boost

xjmania123

NAXJA Forum User
Hey-
I have a 2000 Jeep Cherokee Classic. I plan to get a 2 inch budget lift kit to hopefully run some 31X10.5s. Does anyone know if the Rocky Road (http://www.rocky-road.com/xjbudget.html) budget boost is any good? Any other good brands out there? Do you think I could run 31X10.5 tires with a 2 inch lift, minor fender trimming, and new shocks?
Thanks for the help,
Dan:worship:

do a search for rockliz budget boost. Way better (done 3 of them now!) and much cheaper. I have mine tweaked to give about 2.5" and run 31's on stock wheels. I stuff them regularly and have no rubbing. Aftermarket wheels with different offset will necessitate trimming.
Do some reading on blocks and shackles here. Most say bad idea on a stock leaf pack.

Thanks for the replies. I'm planning on getting some 15" American Racing wheels. Do know roughly how much trimming I will need to do or if any? How much do blocks cost, and what do you think is the best brand?

pretty much everyone will tell you not to run the blocks and the trimming will depend on how much flex you want to have. are you going to be keeping your sway bar

Do not run blocks.... throw a extra xj main in there and a shackle and call it a day.

DONT GO WITH ROCKY ROAD!!!
I repeat, DONT GO WITH ROCKY ROAD!
do a search on them, they fawking blow a$$.
be warned!

all you need is some extra isolators and extra leafs
supposedly you can boost 1.5-2 inches with stock shocks
if not a bar pin eliminator extends the shocks about 2"
3 extra isolators gives 1.75"
adding an extra main leaf and maybe one extra middle leafs yields 1-3"

What kind of bar pin eliminator extends the shocks 2"??? The JKS ones might give you .75" MAX....

What kind of shape are your rear leaf packs in XJMania? if they are already flat or sagging, doing an extended shackle will just make it worse

What is your budget? and are you wanting to keep a nice ride on the road? How about 2" leaf packs from OME in the rear, and an ACOS or 2" poly spacer up front?

JNickel101 said:
What kind of bar pin eliminator extends the shocks 2"??? The JKS ones might give you .75" MAX....

What kind of shape are your rear leaf packs in XJMania? if they are already flat or sagging, doing an extended shackle will just make it worse

What is your budget? and are you wanting to keep a nice ride on the road? How about 2" leaf packs from OME in the rear, and an ACOS or 2" poly spacer up front?
By the time you buy ACOS and OME packs you will have spent enough to get a complete RE lift! You can do the whole Rockliz lift including some new shocks for less than $200. ACOS cost about that much themselves. The Ride is as good as stock. Other than the step up the ladies (wife, daughter) in my life never complain about the ride in my current jeep. The first one with a short aal- different story!

rcnerd said:
all you need is some extra isolators and extra leafs
supposedly you can boost 1.5-2 inches with stock shocks
if not a bar pin eliminator extends the shocks about 2"
3 extra isolators gives 1.75"
adding an extra main leaf and maybe one extra middle leafs yields 1-3"

NO, you cant get extra lift from SHOCKS, UNLESS you get the load stabalizing shocks from a early 200's tahoe, but those run over $200 a set of two and you have to do a lot of modding to them to get them to fit on an XJ. NOT RECOMENDED. again, no other shocks can really give you lift, just honestly think about it for a second, that should would have to have SO MUCH PRESSURE from within, it would be a HARD ASS RIDE. this is why they are called "shock absorbers" and not LIFT SHOCKS

just go to the rock lizard site and get your extra lift like that.

I'm just trying to get a lift around 2 inches and to get 31X10.5s. That pretty much sums me up. I'm looking to pay up to $300 to do so. Any new suggestions. Thanks. Also I read not to go with Rocky Road, how are Rockliz budget boosts? And lastly my leafs are in good shape, not to saggy, and they are stock.

I think he was saying you could extend the shocks(bar-pin eliminators) to keep from buying longer shocks to go with the BB, not that the shocks would be suppling the actual lift. The first junkyard BB I did I got some shock extenders from AutoZone and they gave me about 1.5" .Just don't expect them to hold up offroad.

it is much better to save up and go 3" you will get ALOT more articulation, i was considering the same thing, but decided to go with a 3.5" and im glad i did. its best to build your own kit if on a budget, i picked up some 3" springs, (netted 3.5" for some reason) and built my own rear end, and bought used shocks off a friend. less than 150$

be warned, my first lift was around 3" (ome) and I got the vibes. Then I needed to spend several hundred more converting the transfer case to a fixed yoke and of course that required a new cv driveshaft.

Some even say vibes can come in the 2" range.

Blocks do get a bad rap here, but check out tntcustoms and they suggest otherwise. Their ubolt eliminator is interesting.

A one inch block coupled with a one inch shackle on the leafs and a two inch spacer on the coils - now there's a nice little bb.

I've started a budget boost and have sourced all my parts. But, the springs that are on the jeep right now have started to invert. Can any one with experience tell me if that main leaf will still work with the s10 pack, or should a get a new set of main leaves? Thanks for any help.
Wayne:greensmok

XJ Jammer said:
I've started a budget boost and have sourced all my parts. But, the springs that are on the jeep right now have started to invert. Can any one with experience tell me if that main leaf will still work with the s10 pack, or should a get a new set of main leaves? Thanks for any help.
Wayne:greensmok

dakota and s10s work but just save up and get a 3 inch or a 4.5 you'll be there soon anyway.

Back