• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bilstein Shocks? 5125 vs.5150

Ben97XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Are the 5150's work the extra $$ over the 5125's for wheeling slow now whoops or desert running here. They have the same valving. Has Anybody run both?

I love my 5150's! The 5125's also have the same valving options. The 5125's were not around when I bought my 5150's. I would have to really think about it.

They both look like they are eye-to-eye so you will need either the stem adapter or conversion mounts.

How much is the difference? If it's more than $10 a shock, I would probably go with the 5125's.

Not sure if I helped you or not.

Good Luck!

Yes its 69.99 vs $99.99.

Ben97XJ said:
Yes its 69.99 vs $99.99.

WOW! I would call them and ask what the benefits are. There is not enough info on their site for me to make a decision to spend the extra $30 per shock. That's $120 in other mods you do or spend on the shock adapters.

Looks like you can't change out the top mount to a stud with the 5125's

Like the old saying says " you get what you pay for ". theres gotta be some advantage.

I run the 5125s and couldn't be happier. I also don't prerun desert stuff because I don't live near one.

For the occasional street use and the frequent hard trail/crawling use mine sees, the 5125s work awesome. I run the 12" ones on all four corners.

someone correct me if i'm wrong, but the 5150 has a remote resevoir, which provides a large capacity to reduce heat buildup, and thus reduces shock-fade as compared to the 5125. For what its worth, if you aren't doing any high-speed desert stuff or whoops, then probably no need for it, as you won't build up near as much heat just crawling or on the street.

is that about right vetteboy?

edit: where have you guys found the 5125 series for sale online. everywhere i've found only has 5100 series or 5150, but no 5125

Last edited:
NCCherokee said:
is that about right vetteboy?

edit: where have you guys found the 5125 series for sale online. everywhere i've found only has 5100 series or 5150, but no 5125

Yep, that was my logic behind it anyway.

I get mine from www.shockwarehouse.com, decent prices and so far I haven't been disappointed with the service.

Back